Helix Keyboard Kit
$30.00 - $35.00
Did you resolve to spend more time with your soldering iron this year?
If so, you are in luck :)
We have sourced for you a (very nearly) complete kit to build your very own Helix split keyboard.
The PCB accepts both MX switches and Kailh's new low profile 1350 (Choc) switches.
We have sourced custom laser-cut cases (clear), PCBs, OLED screens, and TRRS, in addition to our normal range of switches.
BILL OF MATERIALS
Parts Sold @ switchTop
- PCBs (2 included)
- Laser Cut Case, Clear (2 sets included)
- Mini Oled Screen (sold individually, you need 2 pcs)
- Keycaps: We have an EXTREMELY limited quantity of 1350 low profile keycaps that we have sourced from Kailh. These are hard to find and we are not sure we will be able to re-stock them. If you have a line on more 1350 compatible keycaps, please give us a shout as we would love to stock them. If you use MX switches, you can use any MX compatible keycaps.
- Pro Micro OR Elite-C USB-C microcontrollers (you need 2pcs)
- Switches of your choice- you will need 64 total
Parts You Will Need To Order Elsewhere
Note: Links below are provided for reference only. You may be able to find better prices / shipping options at Digikey or elsewhere depending on your location.
- Diodes (64) sold @ LCSC Electronics
- TRRS Jacks (2) sold @ Ali Express
- 3535 LEDs (64) sold @ Ali Express (Optional and recommended for intrepid solderers only)
- Underglow LED Strip (2) sold @ Ali Express (Optional but easier to install)
- Reset switch (2) sold @ Ali Express
- 7mm standoff (10) sold @ Ali Express
- 4mm standoff (4) sold @ Ali Express
- 5mm M2 Screw (24) sold @ Ali Express
- Male to male 3.5mm cable (1) sold @ Ali Express
- Rubber Feet (8) sold @ Ali Express
Build Guide & Links: